Park Smiles NYC is Now Open for you in NYC & Southampton
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months and we’re all looking forward to safely resuming our normal habits and routines. Yesterday, Governor Cuomo authorized dental offices to resume treating patients for all elective procedures effective today, June 1st, 2020. We are pleased to announce our new office location in Southampton which will be staffed by our NYC doctors year-round. Starting immediately, you may schedule appointments at both our offices on Park Avenue or in Southampton.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant…our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as we continue to deliver the safest and highest level of care and treatment. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). Since our facility is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), our guidelines are also consistent with all AAAASF guidelines that hospitals and outpatient surgery centers must follow. These practices include:
- The use of bactericidal and virucidal solutions to destroy pathogens while disinfecting surfaces around the office.
- The use of barrier protection on frequently touched surfaces.
- Our HVAC system, which circulates the air in the office, is equipped with three ultraviolet (UV) lights. This UV HVAC methodacts to remove particulates and allergens out of the air. It also kills bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and other airborne toxins.
- We have also installed HEPA H13 filters with UV lights in treatment rooms throughout our offices.
In addition, we have implemented the following changes to protect our patients and staff:
- The office will communicate with you before your appointment regarding your health and possible symptoms that are associated with COVID-19.
- Once you enter the office,you’ll be required to wear a mask at all times except while in a treatment room.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer when you check in at the front desk.
- You will be given a complimentary bottle of hand sanitizer. We ask that you first use this as soon as you approach our front desk.
- If you wish to watch TV during your treatment, please bring your own headphones as we will no longer be providing them to patients.
- To maintain adequate social distancing:
- We will only allow a maximum of one person to accompany you to your appointment.
- Appointments will be scheduled to best minimize the number of patients in the office at once.
- You will receive a follow-up text 14 days after your appointment to inquire about your health related to COVID-19.
As a reminder, to reduce time spent in our office, all forms are available online prior to your arrival. We strongly encourage you to utilize this option to maximize efficiency for us all and so that you can be seated promptly.
Concierge Membership: for Patients & Families Who Require Special Arrangements
For those patients who need or prefera more personalized experience, we now offer a Concierge Membership. This program offers a unique and exclusive experience for you and your family in a peaceful environment, in our office or at your home. Your membership will include 24/7 access to our team of doctors, and the opportunity for you and your family to be treated in our office without any other patients in the office. Our doctors will perform house calls in NYC and the Hamptons, and our pediatric dentists will perform pediatric checkups, cleanings, and x-rays for children who are unable or unwilling to come to the office.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our Concierge Membership and the special steps we take to keep you, your family, our staff, and our doctors safe in our practice. We will certainly be diligent in evaluating the evolving precautions and protocols to ensure that we safeguard your health at all times and stay up-to-date on the latest recommendations. We have not only a clinical, but also an ethical responsibility to do so.
To schedule an appointment in NYC or Southampton:
Call or Text: 212-988-6724
Schedule on our Patient Portal: https://paofs.phiportal.com
Dental Health is Essential to your Overall Health
If you’re overdue for a routine checkup includinga cleaning and x-rays, or have another dental concern you’ve been putting off, it’s important to schedule an appointment today. Remember: routine dental care is essential not only to maintainexcellentdental health, but for your overall health as well. Now that we’ve reopened our practice, we’re here for your safety, wellbeing and peace-of-mind.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back along with all of our patients, staff, neighbors, and friends!
The Park Smiles Team