Invisalign Clear Aligners
The days of “metal mouth” braces are over with Invisalign, the discreet way to straighten your child’s teeth without compromise!
If you’re looking for the very best in orthodontic treatment for your child, our skilled orthodontic team at park smiles nyc pediatrics offers invisalign, the gold standard in clear aligner therapy!
What is clear aligner therapy?
If your child suffers from crooked, crowded or spaced teeth and is reluctant to gettraditional fixed metal braces for aesthetic reasons, there’s now a great alternative! At Park Smiles NYC Pediatrics, our skilled and experienced orthodontic teamoffers clear aligner therapy utilizing Invisalign , the more aesthetic and comfortable way to attain a straighter, healthier and more beautiful smile!
Clear aligners like Invisalign offerpatients all the benefits of metal braces , lingual braces orceramic braces – and then some. Invisalign aligners are made with flexible, transparent material which gives an almost invisible look. Each aligner is designed to make small changes to the alignment of your child’s teeth when it’s worn 20 to 22 hours per day. After 10 to 14 days, as your child switches to the next set of aligners, their teeth are gradually and gently guided to their projected positions.
Invisalignis an increasingly popular choice for children and teenswho want a more aesthetic and comfortable orthodontic treatment option. Instead of using noticeable brackets and wires like in traditional fixed braces, clear aligners use a series of custom-made, computer software-generated alignersto straighten their teeth and create a beautiful smile.
Clear aligners offer an array of benefits and advantages, including:
- Appearance. It’s hard not to notice someone with braces in their mouth. After all, those brackets and wires are hard to miss. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners go unnoticed most of the time. You’d have to pay very close attention to realize that someone is wearing aligners. This is one of the main reasons so many children andteens today choose clear aligners over traditional braces.
- Comfort. Clear aligners are much more comfortable than braces. Granted, there’s always some level of discomfort when teeth are moving. However, a removable aligner is much less uncomfortable than attached brackets and wires that can’t and won’t be removed until the treatment is completed. Your child is also not likely to cut their cheeks, lips and tongue with aligners as with braces.
- Convenience and hygiene. The ability to remove clear aligners when eating and cleaning is another major reason why many prefer clear aligners to braces. Unlike traditional braces, food doesn’t get stuck in clear aligners, because there are no brackets or wires – plus braces can’t be removed like clear aligners.
When it comes to cleaning, it’s very easy for your child to clean his or her teeth and gums with removable clear aligners. They simply remove their clear aligners and they’re all set to clean their teeth as they normally would. However, the same cannot be said of braces, because brushing teeth, especially at the gumlines, is very difficult when wearing braces – and flossing takes a lot more effort. As a result, your child is more likely to develop dental cavities and/or gum disease with braces as compared to clear aligners.
- Duration of Treatment. As opposed to traditional braces, clear aligners typically straighten teeth in less time, because braces move each tooth individually, while one-piece aligners are able to provide force to the teeth as a whole. However, it is only true when compliance is good!
- Fewer follow up visits. With traditional braces, your child can expect to see the orthodontist for monthly follow ups. There are also cases where they may need an “emergency” visit for broken or loose brackets or wires. When they’re undergoing clear aligner therapy, they change their aligner at home every 10 to 14 days depending on the case – and there are no brackets or wires that can cause “emergency” problems. In general, the follow up visits with clear aligners are every six to eight weeks.
Are clear aligners more expensive than traditional braces?
Where clear aligner therapy used to cost two to three times more than traditional braces, the difference in treatment cost between clear aligners and braces today is negligible. And when you consider all the benefits and advantages of Invisalignclear aligners, it’s a value that’s hard to beat.
Schedule your child’s consultation today!
When your child is ready to take the next step to orthodontic treatment and the healthy, straight and beautiful teeth of their dreams, schedule a consultation at Park Smiles NYCPediatrics at (212) 988-6724.
Attaining a healthy, beautiful smile is like a Walk in the Park – at Park Smiles NYC Pediatrics!